Three youth have embarked on a fascinating and original odyssey. For 2007, they will be practicing a different religion every month!
As you can guess, these creative youth did this to better learn about the world’s religions. And to show you how brave they are, they chose the Baha’i Faith for March on purpose due to the fast!
They have also decided to share their experiences with the world at large through a blog (what else?) called Year Of Faith. You can read more about them and their reasons for doing this, their schedule of upcoming months/religions and read the articles where they write about each religion.
Here’s an excerpt from their site outlniging the practices that the three of them will be observing as part of their Baha’i/March month:
- We will recite one of three obligatory prayers each day, after washing the hands and face, while standing and facing east towards the Shrine of Baha’u’llah. The prayer should also be said in private, between the hours of noon and sunset.
We will be observing the prohibition on gossip.
- We will be observing a nineteen-day sunrise-to-sunset fast for the holy month of Ala from March 2 through March 20. This is going to be the hard one.
- We will be celebrating Naw-r??z, the Baha’i New Year on March 21st.
- We will not drink alcohol or take drugs, unless by prescription.
- We will be observing a ban on gambling, although I think really I’m the only gambler.
When you visit their blog, don’t forget to drop them a comment.